Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sweets by Sweet


I first discovered Sweet at one of the monthly vegan shop ups at Pine Box Rock Shop(a shop up inside an all vegan bar in Brooklyn where local vendors sell their items).  I think they were at several in the very beginning.  I remember liking them a lot.  Over the past year I've seen their cream sandwich cookies at health food stores that I frequent (Natural Frontier, Westerly & Commodities).

I was drawn to the gingerspice ones (all the variations come in a pack with either vanilla cream or chocolate cream) I've gotten the gingerspice vanilla cream sandwich cookies several times and always eat them quickly.  I love the texture of them, they are soft and chewy and have a slight gingery kick.

Very recently they came out with a brownie (which I got to sample at Westerly and instantly fell in love) and I also recently bought the mint mallomar to try.  Here's all the ones I decided to try:




the almond oat sandwich was disappointing.  I love the flavor of almond and felt you couldn't taste almond at all!

the mint mallomar was so good, it's like a healthier version of a peppermint patty, it was creamy and yummy.

the chocolate sandwich was good, but just too much chocolate for me, I probably wouldn't get it again.  Was very rich.

as I've mentioned before, the gingerspice vanilla is the one I've bought several times, the gingerspice chocolate did not disappoint, though I think I prefer the vanilla one.

Now the brownie...oh my...this reminded me of a certain brownie I used to eat often as a child..it was AMAZING! I could not believe how good it was!!! Seriously. It was SO GOOD!! Definitely plan to buy it again very soon!

All of these items are raw, vegan, gluten free, no refined sugars, flours or oil. They are a bit pricey (cookies are $5 and change for a pack of 3, brownie is $5 & mallomar is $3 and change) but they are also all handmade.  The sandwich cookies come in packs of 3 and packs of 6. I stay away from the 6 pack as I always eat the 3 in a pack one after the other, so I know I'd do the same with the 6 pack!

For more info & for full products check out their website Sweet  (they also now have macaroons, truffles & more)





4 comments:

  1. I don't see a list of the ingredients available on their web site. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are in luck as I still have the boxes :)

      For the cookies: almond meal, coconut palm sugar, cashews, agave, pink himalayan salt, vanilla bean powder, cacao butter, (those ingredients are in all)

      Gingerspice, there is also ginger, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne, maple syrup, cocoa powder

      Almond oat there is also oat flour, cinnamon, raw almonds and coconut oil

      Chocolate there is cocoa powder, coconut oil

      Mallomar: agave, cacao butter, cashews, almond meal, gluten free oat flour, raw almonds, coconut oil, cocoa powder, coconut palm sugar, maple syrup, vanilla bean powder, cinnamon,pink himalayan salt, peppermint extract

      Brownie: gluten free oat flour, almond meal, coconut palm sugar, water, coconut oil, cocoa powder, apple cider vinegar, baking soda, pink himalayan salt

      Delete
    2. Nice!! I keep these ingredients at home. Would be super easy to make!

      Delete
  2. I completely forgot about these sandwich cookies once they disappeared from the shop-up, but I really liked them (ahem, chocolate is THE BEST). So hard to believe they are raw!

    ReplyDelete