Saturday, March 15, 2014

Soltero Bowl from Champs


For those who don't know, Champs is a cute little vegan diner in Brooklyn, NY.   The menu ranges from tempeh wings to sandwiches to salads and more and has a large breakfast menu served anytime.  The menu is large and I like that it's so varied. My favorite thing at Champs is probably the soltero bowl.  It comes with kale, quinoa, peppers, onions, field roast, mushrooms and home fries.  I got it without the mushrooms (not a mushroom fan) and without the home fries (I try to avoid eating potatoes other than sweet potatoes). BUT I did get avocado added! (& wasn't charged for it).

The portion size is considerably smaller without the fries..I guess the fries are the filler! but it is SO tasty and flavorful! I just wished the size was double what I got. I was still hungry so I ordered the granola which came with yogurt and berries and that was super yummy (forgot to take a photo).  Here's a photo of the soltero bowl which I definitely recommend.  The field roast sausage gives it a slight kick.


1 comment:

  1. This bowl always looks so good to me- even as I'm peering over from my plate of red velvet pancakes; one day I'll try it. A word about Champ's: they are so good about substitutions, etc.; it makes me love them even more than I already do.

    ReplyDelete