Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Protings


On my second day of walking around Natural Products East, I passed a potato chip table.  I figured in my mind that it was just another potato chip and wasn't too interested, so I kept walking, until one of the guys behind the table yelled "vegan in the big apple! come on over here! We're from New York!" & so I did.



Protings are a vegan, gluten free and GMO-free potato chip, that you guessed it (or were you even guessing?) has protein in it! They make their chips from pea protein.  This is definitely something I have never seen before! I was quite interested when the 2 guys behind the table,  Krik and Ryan, told me about their product. They have 3 flavors: Sea Salt, Chilli Lime and BBQ.  I tried the lime and really liked it!  I was pretty full, so they gave me some samples to take home.  They were both so nice and were so excited about me writing about them. [sorry for the delay!]

On my way home to New York, I was getting really hungry.  I remembered I had some bags of Protings in my bag and decided to eat the chilli lime, well with 15g of protein in 1 bag, it kept me full for the remainder of the bus ride and for a while after!


My friend and I eating Protings on the train.

I think I prefer the chilli lime, though they're spicy, or some of them were spicy, the whole bag wasn't, only some of them were spicy. hmm.  These chips aren't greasy or oily which is nice!

     Nutritional Info! Barely any sugar! 


You can see where they sell Protings near you by plugging in your zip code, here

These guys were so nice and I love the idea of a protein filled potato chip, and dare I even call them a healthy potato chip? Who would have thought there'd be such a thing? go try them out!

2 comments:

  1. How do they compare in taste to baked potato chips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm I'm not sure..haha I don't eat chips that often but I guess they're pretty similar since baked also isn't greasy right? hmm sorry I can't give a better answer!

      Delete