Thursday, October 2, 2014

Natural Products Expo East Part 1


I attended Natural Products Expo East in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago. It was my first time going and I had a great time! I am pretty overwhelmed. I got A LOT of samples and I'm going to try to review as much as possible. Currently everything is in a full suitcase, full bag and some in my fridge. I decided that first I'm going to post photos of the items I got to try at the expo, but that I wasn't able to take home, as well as some samples I didn't get to try, but ones I am looking forward to coming out!

First up:

Oh so good! Actually, all their products were really tasty! Here's another:

 really good! I also tried a black bean strudel, which was also yummy. Sadly for me and other East Coasters, they're products are currently only on the west coast. Please bring them here!!

Next we have:




Sloppy joe in a taco..I also tried the artichoke one, and they were both AMAZING. so tasty. I could have stood there and had sample after sample. The artichoke burger is made from artichokes, cashews and brown rice. The sloppy joe is made from seitan and the griller burger which I didn't try, is also made from seitan. They are Ohio based and also, sadly not here yet. Please come to the East Coast!!!


I've seen this in whole foods, but had never tried it prior. They had little cups with one or two of each fry and I loved them all. (broccoli, chickpea, and carrot)

Wildwood (don't think I've ever bought their tofu, is it any good?) made some Chocolate Mousse, so creamy and yummy



I would have posted a photo of the actual burger but they were giving out samples with their burger on non vegan dressing and so they just gave me the burger with no dressing & it didn't look pretty, however both the nut burgers and nut balls tasted really good. Made from cashews, brown rice, sunflower seeds and spices, they were very tasty.  However, they too, are based in CA and not available here yet :( sensing a pattern...

Coming soon! Sambazon acai bowls! While, I make my own acai bowls, this is a great alternative if you're on the go!

I chatted with owner, Dionne, for quite some time and she was so sweet! She told me the idea for the tea pops came from her sons.  One son, doesn't eat sugar and likes tea and the other son suggested making tea popsicles.  How cute! I tried both the coconut and the mango and loved both, especially the coconut.  They are low in sugar and tasty! She told me she has gotten them into over 100 stores in a year. Sadly, I checked and they are not yet in stores in New York, but they are sold in Wegmens on the East Coast, so hopefully they will make it to NYC soon! 



New product alert! Cookie Dough by Hampton Creek who brought us Just Mayo.  It was yummy and they had cookies as you can see, which they told me they used their cookie dough to make them, and they were all so soft and perfect. or at least the 2 I tried were :)

Another new product alert! I usually buy my quinoa and quinoa pasta from Ancient Harvest & while I didn't get a chance to sample these (they weren't sampling them the times I passed by), I am super excited for these to hit the shelves so I can try them!

From Berlin! I tried 2 of them..the mint and I'm not sure which other..but they were both really good! Sadly, not available in the US yet, but he did tell me you can order from their website

 Another new pasta! Didn't get to try this, but they told me it's sold at Eataly! So I'll have to pick it up one day to try

That's all for now, but I will try to write some reviews for actual products I got to take home, as well as tried there very soon! Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment